Thursday, November 29, 2007

Recovering

I'm still feeling the aftereffects of Thanksgiving and hosting a couple people up here that weekend, which meant eating out more than usual. One thing I'm happy with, though, is the fact that I stayed on my running schedule through the Turkey Day festivities.

Thanksgiving morning, I got up early and did a cool 3 miles at the gym. Two days later, while everyone was still in bed, I headed to the gym and ran 7 miles. Since then? Well, the schedule has kind of gone out the window for the time being.

My right hand is killing me (I've had an issue for a few months and am starting to become convinced that something is wrong with a bone in there -- fun), my right ankle is sore (playing basketball regularly for the first time in years will do that to you), and my back and right shoulder are singing (this is self-induced pain from breaking down and purchasing a Nintendo Wii).

So, I haven't ran in four days, which is the longest break I've had in a while, but I'll be back on the horse soon. The serious training for the marathon is still months away. I did meet up with some of the other Toronto writers earlier this week and one asked me, "Did you lose more weight? Is that even possible?" Actually, yeah, I got down to 162 from about 170 since the season ended. My goal by next October's race day is to be around 160. That's as low as I'll allow myself to go, though.

On Sunday night, I fly to Nashville for the Winter Meetings, which don't figure to be too hectic for the ol' Blue Jays. I'll have to switch gears and get up early while I'm there to get my running in, so I'll have to fight off suggestions to meet up at the bar late at night for a drink or two. We'll see how much will power I have. Until then...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So, are you planning on going to the doctor for your hand?

I can't believe you lost more weight. I probably won't even recognize you.

I love you and am so proud of you. Keep up the good work.

Love ya,
Meepa