Tuesday, February 12, 2008

300 Spartan


That's right, this Michigan State Spartan has finally reached 300 miles. With that, I'm set to head to Florida for Spring Training. I logged 25 miles this past week -- was aiming for 30, but I listened to my dying legs and took a day off on Sunday. So, I did a 5-miler on Monday to reach the 300 mark. I've averaged roughly 2.7 miles per day this offseason, and 4.5 per day on the days I ran.

Now, I head to Tampa tomorrow morning for six weeks of Spring Training for the Blue Jays and Marathon Training for me. I'm transitioning back into my long-run routine, which consists of runs on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. So I'll log between 3-6 miles for now on the first three days and use Saturday as my long day. I'll probably start with an eight miler this coming Saturday. We'll see.

That's all for now. It's been quite the winter for me. I started off at around 170 pounds and am back down to a lean 160. Ideally, I'll be around 155-160 by October for the marathon in Chicago. Right now, it's all about strenghthening my core, building up my endurance and continuing to get better at that whole mind over matter thing. I like to remind myself of that Patton quote while I'm running: "Never let the body tell the mind what to do."

2 comments:

Kellygurl said...

BORING!!!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.