Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Coming up...

And there it is. Right there on the Chicago Marathon's Web site. The registration for the 2008 Chi-Town run opens on February 1 and the race will be held on October 12. So that's that. My countdown to raceday is just around the corner.

As for the other issue this week, my leg is feeling a lot better. I iced it the day it happened, didn't run on Sunday and went to the gym on Monday without planning to run. I started with a light leg workout to test the strength and tolerance and I had no problems or pain.

So, I did a light jog around the track and had no issues, increased my pace some and still nothing, sped up until I was almost at my usual clip and still no problemo. So, I ended up getting a nice unexpected three miles in yesterday. I have work stuff going on early evening tonight, but I'll be back at the gym later to see how I feel again.

I didn't strain anything too bad, so I don't anticipate this being an ongoing problem. For the sisters and wife out there who know my personality, don't worry, I won't overdo it. If I feel any hint of anything, I'll back off some. I'm just glad this didn't turn out to be a long-term issue.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Big Sister says,

Thanks for taking it easy and letting me know you won't be an idiot.

So, the marathon is the day before my birthday, huh? I might have plans. :-)

Just kidding!! You know I'll be there for you. I'm already so proud of you.

Love ya,
Meepa